Japan Australia Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me

It is a week late but last Friday was my birthday.
Happy Birthday to Me!!
It seems that there are an aweful lot of birthdays around this time of year (late Feb early March). Must have something to do with the time of year here in Australia.

To celebrate we had a lovely Black Forrest Cake. This has to be my all time favourite cake with several layers of chocolate cake, whipped cream and cherries between each layer. The cake is then decorated with additional whipped cream, cherries and chocolate shavings. It is not only a feast for the eyes, but a taste sensation. Check out the pcitures below.


The cake before being demolished by hungry people

Four candles looks like I am turning four, but I can assure you I am much older

A work of art with all the different layers and chocolate shavings and cherry on top

9 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to you! :)

    I see 4 candles on the cake. The big 4 for you this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lina!!

    The big 4 this year!! Not quite, as I mentioned in the comments under the pictures I am much older than 4, although I don't always act like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Otanjobi omedeto! Happy birthday! That cake does not look like a lie! : j

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day of celebrations and fun. The birthday cake looks delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Otanjobi omedeto gozaimashita (past tense)!
    (We say it as a joke, usually present tense is used even it is belated, "Otanjobi omedeto" for friends.)
    The cake looks good! My birthday is 22nd, could you send the one for me too :)?
    In Japan, things are getting worse. Even here in greater Tokyo convenience stores and super markets shelves are nearly empty like this ->
    http://news.livedoor.com/article/image_detail/5407253/?img_id=1791776
    And they turn the lights off to save energy.
    Feels like I live in a ghost town...

    ReplyDelete
  6. arigatou gozaimashita!

    Thanks Mie-sensei, Black Forrest is one of my favourites. I'll have to send you one for your birthday! Can you find this cake in Japan? I don't remember ever seeing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday belated. (sorry almost a month late) (;^_^A

    I had a chance to eat black forest cake in Germany but I had a bad breakfast at that day, I couldn't eat cake that afternoon - Heartburn.

    Hope you had a great day! Many to eat black forest cake for your life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Yuri,

    The best place to eat Black Forrest Cake would be its home in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  9. and another HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to you!
    たんじょうびおめでとう

    ReplyDelete

Share This via Social Media

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...